SOS Children’s Villages worldwide
Doing good “on the run”? Yes, it is possible! And we prove it year after year!
The SOS Children’s Villages worldwide have been the official charity partner of the Düsseldorf Marathon since 2011. As part of this long-standing partnership, runners put their sporting enthusiasm to good use for a good cause.
This year, too, every donation will benefit the diverse projects of SOS Children’s Villages worldwide. They are active wherever children are most in need of help. Our help goes beyond the borders of the Children’s Villages. Schools, kindergartens, clinics also strengthen neighboring families:
- We give children in need a loving home.
- We empower them to shape their own future.
- We strengthen families and contribute to development in poor countries.
What can I do?
On the SOS website www.meine-spendenaktion.de/aktion/duesseldorf-marathon-2022, every runner:in can create their own personal fundraising run and collect donations for SOS Children’s Villages together with friends, acquaintances and fans. Especially the first (or tenth) marathon is a very good occasion for a fundraiser. You can also make a big difference as a relay runner. With a fundraising campaign, you can get all your colleagues on board, whether they run with you or simply donate and spur you on. Together, everyone can set something in motion and give children in need a future.
What has been achieved so far?
Together we have already collected over 35,000 € in the past years. With these donations we were able to help specifically and:
- give street children in Ethiopia access to schools
- give children in Kosovo and Rwanda a new home
- help rebuild the SOS Children’s Village in Tacloban in the Philippines (after the terrible typhoon)
- support the emergency relief after the devastating earthquake in Nepal
- support Ebola orphans in Liberia after the deadly epidemic
We have set many things in motion – a special thank you to all who have made this possible!
Here are a few impressions of previous fundraising runs.